Projects contain data, notebooks, and members.
Projects help you organize, and manage your work by allowing you to group the analysis needed for a given decision or report together with the analysis, and control who in your workspace has access to each project.
A project can contain any of the following data sources:
- CSV files
- data integrations (learn more here)
- or tables from other projects
You can optionally set a schema for your data to make joining data between tables easy and automatic.
See more about defining a schema here.
The project notebooks are where you'll do your analysis and reporting. They can be either in draft (just for you), or published for all project members to view/edit.
Project Members & Permissions
Within a project, a user can be either an Admin, Editor, or Viewer. The differences are:
- Admins control access and permissions for the project.
- They decide what data is imported into the project and whether data can be exported.
- Workspace owners are admins of every project in the workspace automatically.
- Editors can create, read, and edit notebooks in the project.
- They have full query access to the project’s data, but cannot change it.
- Viewers can view all published notebooks in the project.
- They are unable to see any data stored within the project or create their own notebooks or queries.
When you create a project you have the following options for who can access your project:
- Invite-only: you can decide who you want to be in your project, and what role they will have (admin, or editor)
- All members of this workspace can create and edit notebooks: all members of the workspace are editors of the project
- All members of this workspace are project admins: all members of the workspace are admins of the project
You can manage your workspace members and permissions in the Members tab of the Project.
As a Project Admin, you can specify who, if anyone, can use the data in your project in another project.
The options are:
- No-one (default)
- Admins: meaning only project Admins can add data from this project into another project
- Editors: meaning project Editors AND Admins can add data from this project into another project.
Note: Workspace Owners can always use data from any project in any other.